Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Sad Day

9/11 is always a really hard day for all of us, most of whom didn't know anyone personally affected by the attacks on our country 7 years ago. I can't even imagine what it is like for those who lost a loved one. I, like everyone else, remember exactly what I was doing on 9/11/01. I was at school, teaching, without access to TV so I didn't know anything until I went to the teacher's lounge at lunch. Everyone was talking about it, but since I couldn't SEE anything it didn't really hit me then. When all the kids were gone we crowded around a TV and watched in horror. Our principal sent everyone home early. Rick came home early too, and we just sat and watched everything unfold. I'm sending up many prayers today for those who are mourning. Our God IS a God of comfort.

On another note, Abby had a great time at church last night in her new choir and Mission Friends. On the way home she asked if we could come back tonight! Well, she won't be going back to church tonight but I will. I lead a monthly book club for ladies and tonight is the night. I have a feeling we'll have a small group because several regulars saw me last night and told me they couldn't come. It's always a fun time, though, because there are ladies of all ages there. We have a potluck dinner and discuss the Christian fiction book we read each month. This month we read Heavens to Betsy by Beth Pattillo. It's a really fun book.

1 comment:

Sarah Nash said...

Hey girl!

I just discovered your blog which is so fun :) Anyway, your book club sounds like so much fun! I'm always looking for new Christian fiction to read, so I'm going to check this book out. Keep letting us know what you're reading ok? :)