Tuesday, October 7, 2008

What We've Been Up To

I haven't done a real post lately, so I thought I would update ya'll on what we've been doing. On Saturday Rick, Abby, and Dave went to the Hokies game. Abby had a wonderful time, of course! I was here with Andrew. Since Andrew's two favorite things are being outside and getting pushed in the stroller, I decided to take him to Short Pump Mall ("the short mall" according to Abby). We stayed almost the whole day and he was great. He dozed some and looked around some. I shopped a little and browsed a lot.

On Sunday we went to church, but I never made it out of the baby hall. I taught my Sunday School class (the Ducks) which are the babies who are crawling and just walking. Then during the worship hour I moved over to the Bunnies ("lap" babies, Andrew's class) to take my turn as a TLC (tender loving care) volunteer. In both rooms there were fussy babies, so it was a lot like being at home! Rick asked me how it went and I told him "Andrew was the good one, believe it or not!". But it was fun anyway. I love babies, especially when I can give them back after an hour! That afternoon I took Abby back to the short mall and we got the kids' Christmas outfits (the store was having a big sale). Then I took her to the grocery store, which is always an adventure. I got home in time to see the wreck-fest, I mean race. I was really hoping someone would win who doesn't usually, but Tony Stewart took the checkered. I think one of the reasons I haven't been all that interested in NASCAR lately is that the same people always win.

Andrew hasn't been sleeping or napping well the last few days. He has a lot of congestion, so he spits his binky out to breathe through the mouth. Then he decides he wants his binky back because his gums hurt and he wants to chew. I feel sorry for him. The dr wanted us to stay on the special formula another week, but I ran out Monday night and just didn't feel like buying it again because we see no difference. I guess I'll talk to her again on Thursday and find out what plan B (or is C, D, or E?) is. This morning he had another blow-out then peed everywhere while we were cleaning him up. Are we having fun yet?

No comments: