Thursday, October 23, 2008

So many books, so little time....

If you know me, you know that reading is one of my favorite things to do. I'm not reading as much now as I was before Andrew was born, but I'm happy to say my reading time is picking up. Right now I am reading Revenge in Paradise by Terrye Robins. It is Christian fiction...light, humorous, with a little mystery mixed in. It's really cute. It's actually the second in the series and it takes place in Hawaii, which is fun. One of the staff members at my church lent it me. Since I lead the Christian fiction book club, a lot of people give me books either because they liked them and want to see what I think, or they want me to read them and see if they're any good :)



Prior to this book I read the first two books in the Sign of Seven trilogy by Nora Roberts. They were a little strange, but very good (can't put down, stay up too late reading good). I was disappointed that the 3rd and final one doesn't come out until December.



Next on my list will be our November book club selection, Plaguemaker by Tim Downs. It's an FBI-type suspense. There aren't many of those in the Christian fiction genre, so I'm looking forward to it. I've never read any of Downs' books, but he has quite a following and his books get awesome reviews.



Books I want to read soon....

1. the new JD Robb (coming in November)

2. Dawn's Light (the 4th and final in a series by Terri Blackstock)

3. Until We Reach Home by Lynn Austin (she is my FAVORITE Christian author)

4. She Always Wore Red by Angela Hunt (2nd in a series, the first one was hilarious and touching at the same time)

No comments: