Monday, January 19, 2009

Bible Lessons from Abby

On the way home from church yesterday, I asked Abby what she learned in Sunday School. She said, "Jesus got baptized by that man, the Baptist."

Later that afternoon, she was looking through my Bible. I asked her tell me about Moses, since that's what we've been talking about when we do our family Bible story. She said, "Moses was a baby floating down the river. A girl got him out and he was in a basket. She took him to the royal house. God kept him safe. Fifty years later, Jesus was born."

Well, at least she's getting SOME of it right.

1 comment:

Brad Jenkins said...

That's great stuff! Isn't it fun hearing them try to figure it all out? Emma and I were singing Peace Like a River, which mentions the word soul in it, a few nights ago. "Where is my soul," she asked me. Amazing!

We pray that all these children will quickly grasp how much Jesus loves them!