Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Vacation Part 3

This morning we planned our day around our scheduled couple's massage. We slept in and ate our big breakfast. My ear had been feeling funny so I set out to find a drugstore so I could get some of that swimmer's ear stuff. I finally got it but it is an adventure I don't need to relive. We went out by the pool and just relaxed and read (book #2 for Steph, Sports Illustrated for Rick).

Early in the afternoon we headed in to the Spa. They took us back, we changed into the robe and slippers, and we met in the lounge to wait for our therapists. After a few minutes the manager came out and said one of ours had car trouble and we would have to reschedule. It was a bummer because we were all ready, but then she said our massages would be complimentary! I'm betting they will feel even better tomorrow when they are free!

We headed back to the pool for awhile. We got cleaned up and headed to a different part of the Island for dinner--The Chart House on Skull Creek. It was a nicely decorated restaurant overlooking the Creek(part of the Intercoastal Waterway) and a marina. A couple of boats came in and out while we were there. We shared the calamari, which was delicious. We both had a bowl of she-crab soup, and I had baked shrimp stuffed with crabmeat with risotto. It was fabulous. Rick had a Mahi topped with some sort of peach glaze over mashed potatoes. We both agree it is the best meal we've had.

When we returned to our hotel we headed out to the beach with our chairs and books. I read with my feet in the water until I could no longer see my book! Rick went in the ocean for awhile. We ended our night with a dip in the hot tub and drying off on the deck overlooking the beach.

1 comment:

Danielle and Randall Strickland said...

I love hearing about your vacation and I really enjoy the food descriptions! Randall and I agree once of the most exciting parts of traveling is the meals :) So glad you are having a wonderful time, and congratulations on 10 years!!