Saturday, January 23, 2010

I almost forgot Christmas!

So I was just looking through my posts and I realized I never said anything about our Christmas!
We had a great holiday, and it was a white one! It snowed December 18 and 19--about 13 inches! So there was still plenty of snow on the ground for Christmas Day. On Christmas Eve we spent the day in the kitchen, making pumpkin bread, cookies for Santa, a tree cake, cheese ball, and pasta salad. Abby enjoyed helping her daddy and I. We went to the Christmas Eve service which was beautiful as always.

On Christmas morning we discovered Santa had come! He brought Abby a set of 6 Disney princess dolls, Cinderella's horse, and a pink scooter. Andrew got a block table, dump truck, and a cd player for his room. Of course, his favorite thing ended up being a tiny Thomas the train that was in his stocking!

After breakfast we were joined by Rick's family and we had a nice, big lunch followed by present-opening. Bad Santa made his annual stop and gave Rick a nice picture of our President which we still haven't found the perfect spot for!

After clean-up we headed to Emporia for supper and more presents at my grandparent's. The next morning we had the 4th round of presents at Mom and Dad's. Rick got a Wii which we have enjoyed. I can sometimes beat him at bowling!

I have a ton of pictures, which you can view at


No comments: