Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My Life

You may have noticed I am not posting as much. I just have a lot going on right now. All of it is good, just time-consuming! Here's what's going on:

1. Bible Study--In September we started back up, and we're doing Beth Moore's study on Paul called To Live is Christ. Beth's studies are awesome, but they involve a lot of time and dedication to complete. I'm actually leading the study this time (well, I lead the discussion then push PLAY and let Beth teach). I like to tell people I am "knee deep" in Paul.

2. Sparrows--We have started a class during the 11 o'clock worship hour for children with special needs at our church. The class is called Sparrows. Right now I am the lead teacher and doing all the planning for each week. That is taking MUCH time because I have to search for ideas, books, crafts, etc. We have about 4 kids in the class with various needs, plus a few peer helpers that join us. It's going well.

3. Keeping Whitt--I keep my nephew Whitt (he is eleven weeks older than Andrew) one or two days per week. It's great because Andrew and Whitt are becoming best buddies. But of course, I get less done with two toddlers running around!

4. Reading--I'm still leading book club and reading for enjoyment, but I'm only reading about one book a week now instead of 2-3 like I used to. This getting up early for school is making me fall asleep earlier than I used to, so I'm losing my book time!

And, of course, there are the PTA meetings, school fundraiser nights, doctor and dentist appointments, and deacon meetings that come along all the time!

I'm not complaining. Life is good. God is good.

No comments: