Monday, July 20, 2009

My prayer for my kids


Heard this song by Erin O'Donnell the other day, and it made me cry. It's exactly what I pray for my kids.


Hold On To Jesus (italics are my changes)


You're a little piece of heaven

You're a golden ray of light

And I wish I could protect you

From the worries of this life

But if there's one thing I could tell you

It's no matter what you do

Hold to Jesus

He's holding on to you


The world will try to tell you

That might is more than right

That beauty's on the outside

And being good's a losing fight

But remember what I've told you

Because the world will make you choose

Hold to Jesus

He's holding on to you


Hold on to Jesus

Cling to His love

Rest deep in His mercy

Whenever things get rough

Don't lose sight of His goodness

And don't ever doubt this truth

That when you hold on to Jesus

He's holding on to you


Hear me dear Jesus

Rock these little ones to sleep

Keep them close when they're scared

And give them grace when they are weak

I know they'll stumble

But I know they'll make it through

If you hold to them just like You said You'd do

Hold them Jesus

And they'll hold on tight to You

No comments: