Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas songs, All is Well

One of the best things about Christmas is the music! I love all the traditional hymns....my favorite is O Come All Ye Faithful. I also love the fun, secular songs. Nothing says the season better than Bing Crosby's version of White Christmas! But what I really love the most are some of the new, more contemporary Christian songs about Christmas. I'm going to be sharing some with you on this blog.

I'll start with my absolute favorite, All is Well sung by Point of Grace. It is one of the most poignant songs I've ever heard. And something about it always gives me peace. I'll admit this is a song I listen to all year long. It is particularly wonderful when I've had a stressful day....and I'm reminded that because Jesus came, all is well.

You can hear the song on YouTube by clicking http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlZXCZ7SZEA. The video isn't very good, but the audio isn't bad. I've posted the lyrics below. Enjoy!


All is well

all is well

Angels and men rejoice

For tonight darkness fell

Into the dawn of love's light

Sing A-le

Sing Alleluia

All is well

all is well

Let there be peace on earth

Christ is come go and tell

That He is in the manger

Sing A-le

Sing Alleluia

All is well all is well

Lift up your voices and sing

Born is now Emmanuel

Born is our Lord and Savior

Sing Alleluia

Sing Alleluia

All is well

No comments: