Monday, December 1, 2008

Advent

Christmas is here again. This year, as I prepare for the season, I am praying for God to give me a spirit of Joy. It seems that in the last few years I haven't felt that....not that I didn't enjoy parts of Christmas, but the overall feeling was relief when it was over. I think I (along with many others) get so caught up in the gift shopping, decorating, cooking, family gatherings, church events, etc. that I don't spend time really thinking about the incredible gift that is Christmas. The coming of Christ. All the things I mentioned above either become the joy, or they overshadow the joy. But the real Joy of Christmas is Jesus. I want to have that overwhelming spirit of Joy, of wonder, that comes with knowing that Christ came to us in the most humble of ways, walked among us, and then died to save us.



The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:14

No comments: