Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Remembering Christmas Eve

When I was a child I spent Christmas Eve with my Grandma and Grandaddy Low. We always had a great day. We loved to watch our favorite Christmas musicals--Meet Me in Saint Louis, White Christmas, and Holiday Inn. They lived out in the country and many of the neighbors would stop by and bring goodies as gifts. Grandaddy always put blinking lights on his tree, and I loved watching them. He took such care of all his Christmas ornaments and decorations. He had the original box for most of them, and he and Grandma could remember where each one came from. I am proud to have some of those ornaments on my tree.

1 comment:

Dawnie said...

I know what you mean. I have some of them on my tree also. I actually got my girls the Sparkling Grape Juice this year to have. Remeber how we used to drink it all the time and we had to sit at the coffee table because there was not enough room at the "big table" LOL. i have clear memories still of after dinner, Grandaddy washing dishes and having the dish towel on his shoulder. I miss that part of Christmas so very much, but I make sure that I tell my girls very often of the traditions we had as children.