Monday, March 9, 2009

2 years later......

On March 1, 2007, we officially bought our house in Hanover. On March 2nd, the movers came. It was very very hot that day. Exactly 2 years later, this is what our house looked like! You never know what the weather will be like here in Virginia!



I thought it might be fun to post some pictures of what everything looks like now....we've made quite a few changes since we moved in!

Our dining room. The curtains and flower arrangement are "new".
We had the furniture in the old house.

Another view of the dining room. Of course, the picture of Abby is new. It was taken the summer after we moved here.



The kitchen. Haven't changed anything in here. I love my countertops and floors, but I could do without the grape border. One day we will get it down and paint. It's not at the top of the list, though.

Breafast area. The big difference here is the high chair---Abby was already 2 1/2 when we moved here, and Andrew wasn't even a thought! We really hope to get a new light fixture soon. It might be a little challenging since the ceilings are vaulted.


The new recliner.


The living room. Pretty much the same as when we moved in, just with baby toys.


Notice Hippy and Polly are hanging out on the sofa.


Our room. When we moved in it was bright blue with hideous wallpaper border and very old shades at the windows. I like it much better now!



The foyer. Our wedding sampler and our two babies in their dedication outfits.


Rick's office/man room. If he just had a fridge he could live up there! I use one corner for my scrapbooking. When we moved in this room was lavender.
The sofabed in Rick's office, which makes it a guest room too!
Abby's room. Originally this was our guest room and was painted bright orange-yellow with a dolphin border. Now it's a room fit for a little princess! She has my bed from when I was younger and all her other furniture was made by my grandfather.




Andrew's room. When we moved in this was Abby's room. It was what a I lovingly call "California Raisin" purple. It took multiple coats to cover that color!

The chair was in my dad's nursery when he was a baby.
My grandfather made the bookcase and the shelf.


The dresser that Rick stained.


So that's our humble abode! We still have a lot of "projects" we want to do, including updating all three bathrooms and replacing carpet. But I'm pretty pleased with what we've done so far. We love the location and the layout of the house so much!

No comments: