Saturday, November 15, 2008

Plaguemaker

We only had three at book club Thursday night, but we had a great discussion. Plaguemaker was a really good book. It was a thriller about an FBI agent and an old man who are trying to stop an enemy of the US from launching an attack against us using fleas carrying the bubonic plague (the book details how this can be done). It was scary but I couldn't put it down. Tim Downs, the author, did a great job weaving in the different characters who were involved in catching the attacker. The old man helping the FBI has a back story which serves as his motive for wanting to get involved. I kept wondering if the book was really a Christian fiction book....but finally at the very end you see the reason. I highly recommend it!

Once I finished Plaguemaker I realized.......I didn't have another book to start! I have some on their way from amazon, but they haven't even been shipped yet. So I went to the book store looking for something cheap and short to keep me going while I wait. I picked up a little novel co-written by Angela Hunt and Lori Copeland, two authors I have read and liked before. It's called The Island of Heavenly Daze. It's very light and humorous, and I'm finding it quite endearing. Of course it is the first of a series of 5 so I'm sure I'll end up reading them all.

1 comment:

Sarah Nash said...

Oooh - that sounds good! I actually have a stack of Christian fiction from the book fair that I've finished (and some that I'm still working on). We should get together and swap books!